Saturday, May 28, 2011

Where have I been?

Yes, I know I haven't posted in a LONG LONGGG time! I do have a bunch of reasons though. The main reason was that I was preparing for my ABRSM exam that I actually took today! Here are some questions that you might have:
What does ABRSM stand for?
It stands for Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
What is ABRSM?
It is basically a series of tests that consists of 8 different levels. There are two main tests that you have to take during the year. One was the one that I took today at Mason, Ohio. It was more of a playing, sight reading, aural, and things like that test. The other one is the theory one which is around October.
What happens when you participate in ABRSM?
Since people have to fly from England all the way to the United States to hear a bunch of people play, it is a pretty big deal! If you score high enough, it can look really good on your records. Even though I'm glad I am doing ABRSM, it is also SUPER DUPER time consuming. (There is also a kinda expensive fee though :( For example, I just took grade six, and it cost around 107 USD *price goes higher as the level gets higher)

Anyways, summer is approaching and I will definitely try to do a post every day or every other day! I will also do a small haul of the few things that I bought today from the Cincinnati's premium outlet, so look for it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment